We really believe the Bible is God’s word, without flaw in all that it affirms. That’s why we actually teach it. It not only is true; it is also life-changing. We dare you to read it.
We affirm the historic construct of the Trinity – that our God is One, but subsists in three distinct personalities: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Hard to get one’s mind around that, but we are not surprised that a God big enough to create everything would be beyond our comprehension.
We believe that Jesus, the Christ, is the
Son of God who took on humanity to live a perfect life and die a
sacrificial death, taking our place, our sin, our judgment. He then rose
bodily from the grave, ascended to heaven where He lives and reigns as
King and as Eternal Judge. You really should get to know Him! And, by
the way, He is coming back to finish what He started.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is sent by the Father and
the Son to give life to those who believe and empower Christ’s
followers to keep His word and fulfill His mission.
Humans and Redemption
Humans are made in God’s image but
totally blew it by violating God’s law. Thankfully, though dead in sin,
they may be reborn through grace, and enter into eternal life by turning
from sin and trusting in Jesus alone.
What else do we believe?
You can check out more of what we believe by reading "The Essentials of Our Faith" - a statement from the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
And if you really want to go deeper with this, look at the Westminster Confession of Faith which gives you a fuller view of what we conservative Presbyterian types actually believe the Bible teaches.
And when it come to our beliefs we think some things are more critical than others. That’s why we say: IN ESSENTIALS… UNITY; IN NON-ESSENTIALS… LIBERTY; IN ALL THINGS…. CHARITY.
VISION STATEMENT FOR
NORTH PARK CHURCH
As our God gives us grace, together we will grow to be a church that, responds to God’s love and therefore:
(Relates to God)
- Delights in God, as we extol His greatness and celebrate His grace.
- Pursues God through Biblical education for children, students, and adults.
(Relates to one another)
- Loves one another, providing care, growth and accountability in quality small groups and other contexts.
(Relates to the world around us)
- Advances the gospel of Christ through proclamation, compassion, and service both locally and globally.
The Core Values of North Park Church
(Approved March 12, 2012)
- CHRIST - Jesus is the preeminent, the One from whom, through whom and unto whom are all things.
- TRUTH - God's word is powerful and is to be learned, loved and lived.
- DEPENDENCE - God is the Source of all our strength, wisdom and love; therefore we pray.
- THE LOST - Both near and far, unbelievers matter to God and to us.
- FAMILIES - Healthy marriages and children are vital to God's mission in the world and we focus on both to glorify God.